Skilled Nominated Visa (SubClass 190)
Australia is a diverse and unique country in every way, whether it is its panoramic beauty, rich heritage or stable economy. The major attractions which are known all throughout the world are situated in Australia like the Great Coral Reef and the Sydney Opera House. These factors make Australia a popular destination to vie for.
Australia is one of the leading nations when it comes to being called a tourist hot-spot or a favorite among migrants. People from all over the world arrive here annually to pursue their educational goals or chase their career dreams. Owing to its strong economy, the country supports and encourages skilled nominated workers from foreign countries.
Australia Skilled-Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
This is a permanent visa for those people who are unable to meet the requirements under Skilled-independent migrant visa. It allows you to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. As the name suggests, the applicant must be nominated by a state or territory government or sponsored by a relative who is living in Australia. It is a points-based visa which requires you to have at least a total of 60 points. To be able to apply for the Australia skilled-nominated visa, you need to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and then be eligible to apply under Skill Select.
Eligibility criteria for Subclass 190
At the time of getting a letter of invitation, you must also meet the following requirements:-
- Age should be less than 50 years
- Competency in English language
- Nominated an occupation that is present on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that particular occupation
- Secured the minimum score as specified in your letter of invitation, based on the factors laid down in the points test
- Must be nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency
Prerogatives under the Australia Skilled-Nominated visa
This visa allows you to:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Apply for Australian citizenship (in case you are eligible)
- Work and study in Australia
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after which, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)